Once you have made the decision to have a hair transplant, the next step is to find a good clinic that will achieve the results that you want, make you feel comfortable throughout the process and tailor the procedure to consider your personal needs. The best hair transplant that you can find should have experienced staff, that are passionate about achieving the patient’s desired results and use effective technology, keeping up to date with the most advanced treatment methods.
To help you out, we can outline the key factors to look out for when deciding on which clinic to go to.
How does a hair transplant work?
By selecting good, healthy hair follicles, harvesting them and implanting them into the areas that need more hair growth, a hair transplant achieves new hair growth naturally. The methods FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) or FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) can be used to perform a hair transplant.
While FUE involves simply moving the healthy hair follicles to the required area, FUT involves removing a long strip of the scalp before separating the needed follicles and placing them in the area that is lacking hair growth. FUE is a minimally invasive procedure using small incisions at each hair follicle, while FUT is a little more extensive as a surgeon needs to remove a strip of skin.
Although the FUE method can be performed manually by an experienced physician, improvements in technology have made it possible for robotic FUE treatments, which reduce the potential for human error and can provide accurate, fast treatments with minimal discomfort and downtime.
When it comes to hair transplant methods, the right choice for you will depend on how much hair growth you have in donor sites, typically at the back of the head or the sides of the head, your desired results and any health conditions or aspects of your lifestyle that can determine what the best method may be.
What we think makes a good hair transplant clinic
The decision on which hair transplant clinic you choose can really influence your results and determine how positive your experience may be. A good hair transplant clinic:
- Can offer a range of hair restoration methods: If a clinic is specialised in hair restoration, ideally they will offer a variety of treatment methods, not just one or two types of hair transplants. They should have options for methods like medications, PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) and offer a personalised approach to whichever method you choose.
- Is equipped with advanced technology: For a clinic to be the best hair transplant clinic, it should use innovative, advanced and research-based technology for their transplants. Some great examples are ARTAS and NeoGraft, which also require the clinic’s staff to be up to date with the latest techniques in hair restoration to be able to perform correctly. It can be a great sign that the clinic is actually passionate about what they do, using the best technology that they can find to achieve good results and minimise downtime for their patients.
- Is informative about the experience of hair loss: A reliable clinic should not only focus on delivering effective hair transplant treatments, but they should want their patients to have a better understanding of hair loss and why they may be having this experience. If you take a look at the clinic’s website, you should be able to find some information about hair loss, including potential causes.
- Conducts a thorough and supportive consultation process: Treating hair loss effectively does require some consideration of each patient’s unique needs, and shouldn’t be approached in an oversimplified, one-size-fits-all manner. A consultation should let you have the time to talk about your aesthetic goals, your medical history and genetics, and anything else that can have an influence on your treatment plan. A consultation should make you feel confident about the procedure, determine if you are a suitable candidate for your chosen hair restoration method, and discuss what is involved in the treatment. A personal procedure plan should be discussed, that considers all of your individual needs. Click here to read about a great example of a thorough consultation process for hair restoration.
- Is fit with a passionate, experienced and qualified team: For a clinic to be the best hair transplant clinic, it needs to have staff who have the right attitude towards hair restoration treatments and a supportive approach to meeting with patients. The clinic’s team should be qualified, demonstrate a passion for delivering great results and have the experience to perform high-quality treatments. Your clinic’s website should have an About page, where you can read a little bit about the team.
Melbourne’s experts in hair transplants, our team at Flawless Hair Restoration can provide a high level of service, that ticks all of the boxes above.
How to prepare for your consultation
Before your consultation for your preferred hair transplant method at your chosen clinic, you should be prepared to discuss your health history, any genetic predispositions to hair loss and any lifestyle factors that can interfere with your suitability for treatment.
You should also be able to clearly explain what your desired results and expectations for the treatment are. Your physician should be completely transparent and realistic with you about the results you can expect.
To make sure that you don’t forget anything, including important questions to ask your physician, we recommend writing everything down and bringing the list to your appointment. While this may seem like over-preparing, there is essentially no such thing as being too prepared for a cosmetic treatment consultation – you want to feel like you know everything that you possibly can about your process, knowing what to expect and how your physicians intend to achieve the results you want.
Why the best hair transplant clinic is Melbourne’s Flawless Hair Restoration!
Our team at FHR specialises in advanced methods of hair restoration, using the latest technology and approaching every treatment in a way that caters to each patient’s needs.
Not only do we achieve the most natural-looking results, but we work to keep downtime and potential side effects to a minimum, putting the well-being of our patients first.
If you want to learn more about our treatments or book your obligation-free consultation at our Melbourne clinic, please contact us as soon as you’re ready!